Hiring Human Resources Assistant At Metrica Full-time Job7 months ago - Human Resources - San Antonio - 170 views
Transitions Group is seeking a Human Resources Assistant to work out of our Naperville office. This position is day shift, duties involve a wide range of support activities inside our HR department, from coordinating meetings to maintaining our employee database to facilitating orientations. The ideal candidate will have great interpersonal skills, excellent organization ability,familiarity with HR software and strong communication skills, and previous healthcare experience. This is a great opportunity to work with a robust HR team and gain quality experience within a collaborative and teamwork-driven environment!
General Office Administration:
· Answer, screen and route incoming calls
· Receive and direct guests
· Receive and distribute Packages
· Coordinate Conference Room reservations
· Order Lunch for working lunches and special events
Human Resources Support:
Document Management - Maintain historical and current employee personnel records.
Employee On boarding:
- Receive and review completed employment applications to forward to Investigator for processing background Investigation.
- Upon receiving fully executed acceptance letter, alert On-boarding team of their arrival
- Email on-boarding materials to new-hire
- Setup new-hire personnel folders
- Receive fully executed new-hire packet to include completed benefit enrollment forms
- Review completed forms for accuracy and completeness
- Validate employee work eligibility using E-Verify
- Prepare and maintain employee personnel files
- Employee Benefits
1. Enrollment – Healthcare and Retirement
2. Work with Payroll Clerk to perform quarterly employee benefit audits to ensure elected coverage is in force and the correct payroll deductions are being taken with each pay cycle.
- Coordinate Employee Training
- Update Company Contact list by adding new employee’s work phone number(s) and email address.
- Upon receipt of written resignation, notify Off-boarding team of employee’s termination.
- Move active personnel records to inactive folder and archive termed employee’s file records via Metrica’s Document Management System
- Notify Transnational Advisors of employee’s termination (for carriers to cancel benefit coverage).
- Prepare Notice of Termination and notify Cobra Administrator and Broker of employee’s exit
- Notify PSW of employee’s exit
- Update employee tracking form
- Update Company Contact list – Remove termed employee’s contact information.
a. Maintain Metrica Employee Absence Calendar, update calendar as leave requests are approved and notify employee of their approved leave.
a. ACA Reporting – Maintained monthly as employees on board and exit, which is required for annual reporting accuracy.
b. Assist with preparing OSHA Log.
c. Assist with Veteran Reporting
d. Assist with EEO-1 Reporting
e. Assist with 401(k) Summary Annual Report distribution
Serve as Travel Coordinator back-up.
Other administrative support as needed by the team
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)