As part of the front office team,you are the first point of contact for our clients that are seeking treatment for Substance Abuse. This is a fast paced office with a variety of duties.Requires someone that cares and wants to help make a difference in the lives of those struggling with drug and/or alcohol abuse.
- Answers telephone and directs calls to appropriate office, or schedule appointment, and/or take messages.
- Responds to requests for information by checking for releases of information and disseminating appropriate information.
- Identifies persons entering building, directs persons to appropriate areas, assists clients with their needs.
- Assists with assessment process by initiating paperwork and computer work, direct consumers to counselor offices, and fax or mail reports to recipients.
- Maintains charts by creating them, filing, participating in peer review as needed, and preparing closed charts for storage.
- Maintains EHR records by creating them, updating them as needed, open buckets for payments.
- Maintains group rosters
- Manages money collection in front office by asking for payments and providing receipts
- Distributes mail to appropriate areas
- General housekeeping duties
- Keeps supervisor informed of pertinent events
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of spelling, punctuation, grammar, basic arithmetic used in all phases of clerical work
- Giving and following oral and written instructions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding all client and business information
- Skill, diplomacy, and assertiveness in dealing with the public, taking payments, and handling occasional difficult situations and clients
- Basic knowledge and understanding of co-occuring disorders (substance abuse & mental health disorders) as relates to position
- Skill in operating phone system, phone etiquette, greeting visitors with ease
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge and skill in use of basic office equipment and personal computers, Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel programs
Hours for this position are:
Monday- Thursday 10:30am-7:30pm and Friday, 9:00am-6:00pm
- Minimum of High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Previous experience in office setting