Grant and Program Manager Needed At CodeHS Full-time Job8 months ago - IT & Telecoms - Chicago - 168 views
What is CodeHS?
CodeHS is a comprehensive program for helping schools teach computer science. We provide web-based curriculum, teacher tools and resources,and professional development.
The mission of CodeHS is to empower all students to meaningfully impact the future.
We believe that in the 21st century, coding is a foundational skill, just like reading and writing. That’s why we say: Read, Write, Code. We do this by providing great curriculum, tools, and resources to teachers, students, and schools to implement high quality computer science programs. We believe that everyone should get the chance to learn coding, and that it’s a skill that provides limitless creative opportunity to students. We want to help make computer science education fun and accessible, and believe you need both great tools as well as a great community to make this happen. We do this through our support for teachers, students and schools, with the help our dedicated team and amazing tutors.
Must be authorized to work in the US and based in the US.
We are a distributed team. This position would work in the city of Chicago.
Encourage Teaching and Learning
CodeHS is about providing excellent teaching and learning opportunities in computer science for students all over the world. We value creating fun, accessible and creative learning experiences for teachers, for students, and for team members at CodeHS. We believe that education-and specifically coding-within the formal K-12 system,the higher-education system, and beyond has the power to allow everyone to unlock their full potential.
Create a Direct Positive Impact
At CodeHS we value creating a direct positive social impact with our work. We work directly with students,teachers, schools and districts to implement computer science classes. Through building great curriculum, tools and resources to allow high schools to teach computer science, we can create a direct educational benefit to students to help explore the limitless world of computing. We believe that expanding access to computer science education will empower students to take an active role in creating the future.
Make It Fun and Creative
Bringing fun and creativity to every aspect of our work is a main focus for us at CodeHS. It starts with a fun, friendly and accessible curriculum, that allows students the opportunity to build creatively and engage in thoughtful problem solving. We also focus on developing a creative and fun environment to work in, and think that this allows us to bring novel approaches to challenging problems. Computing is a boutlogic-but it’s also about creativity-and we hope to share that excitement with teachers and students through CodeHS.
CodeHS is an equal opportunity employer. CodeHS maintains a drug-free workplace.
Grant and Program Manager Job Description
CodeHS is looking to hire a Grant and Program Manager to help manage applications and implementations of grants,run professional development sessions, as well as various partner programs and communications
- Manage and write applications to grants for CodeHS
- Manage implementation of grants
- Run in-person professional developments for teachers to train on CodeHS
- Run PD sessions on various CodeHS courses
- Work with various teams at CodeHS to implement grant
- Help with schools and districts applying to grants related to CodeHS
- Manage partnership communications for various educational partners
- Manage program for external teachers running CodeHS professional development sessions
- Manage program for third party organizations running CodeHS professional development sessions
- You have led PD sessions before for teachers
- Worked on, written, applied, or managed educational grants (CS education grants is a plus)
- Experience working in education or edtech
- Preferred: Experience with computer science PD
- Plus: Experience teaching computer science in high school or middle school
- Work well independently and autonomously, a self-starter
- Works well in teams
- Professional and clear at email
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Passionate about helping students and schools
- Excited to work at a small company and make a big impact