Gallery Support Specialist Full-time Job5 months ago - Sales & Services - Washington, D.C. - 179 views
This position is located in the Office of the Treasurer of the National Gallery of Art. The Office of the Treasurer is responsible for the Gallery's financial and information technology operations. The incumbent reports directly to the Treasurer's Museum Business Advisor and is responsible for a variety of office management and administrative duties as well as program management functions.
The incumbent will:
- Compiles and organizes departmental monthly reports. Responds to public inquiries. Attends meetings and takes meeting minutes.
- Assists with the general operation of the division for the routing and processing of paperwork. Ensures correct spelling, content and appropriate style, as well as correct usage of grammar and punctuation. Handles distribution of announcements and invitations for special events and recruitment.
- Prepares and processes travel requisitions, authorizations and reimbursements for the division.
- Serves as time keeper.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook email and calendar, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe as well as basic office equipment is required.
- Ability to prepare presentation materials and independently note and follow up on commitments made at meetings by staff members.
- Accepts and arranges appointments and meetings for the Treasurer, such as exhibition budget and special committee meetings with staff throughout the Gallery.
Job family (Series)
0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this job.
- Subject to a background/suitability investigation.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
Your resume serves as the basis for qualification determinations and must highlight your most relevant and significant work experience and education (if applicable) as it relates to this job opportunity. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Your resume must include the dates of all qualifying experience (from month/year to month/year) and the number of hours worked/volunteered per week.
Physical Requirements: The work is primarily sedentary, the incumbent must be able to work evenings on a regular basis.
The National Gallery of Art provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify us. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Candidates must possess at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent in responsibility to the NF-301-7 level in the Federal service, scheduling, producing, executing and coordinating social and protocol activities.
Other Relevant Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates must reflect in their submitted USAJOBS résumés the possession of this specialized experience. If their résumés do not include such specialized experience, they will be ineligible for this position.
Those applicants who meet the minimum qualification requirements will be evaluated against these factors to determine the best-qualified candidates. Candidates should ensure their résumé and submitted materials clearly demonstrate possession of these factors to receive maximum employment consideration.
- Ability to manage administrative aspects of an office
- Skill in using office automation software
- Knowledge of meeting coordination techniques and procedures
CTAP/ICTAP candidates: To be considered "well qualified" you must meet all of the requirements as described in this section.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
EDUCATION: Are you using education to qualify?
Although this position does not have a positive education requirement, you may submit copies of your transcripts or a course listing. You must provide documentation supporting your education claims.
Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
- The National Gallery of Art fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- More than one selection may be made from this vacancy announcement.
- Some positions may require completion of a probationary period of up to 1 (one) year.
- AN EXTERNAL SELECTED CANDIDATE MUST BE FINGERPRINTED AND RECEIVE A BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION, RESULTING IN A SATISFACTORY SUITABILITY DETERMINATION BEFORE BEING HIRED FOR THIS POSITION.
- All males born after December 31st 1959 must abide by laws regarding Selective Service registration. To learn more about this law, visit the Selective Service web page, Who Must Register. If you are not registered and don't have an approved exemption, you will not be eligible for employment with the Federal government.
EEO Policy: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/EEO_Policy_Statement
Reasonable Accommodation Policy: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Reasonable_Accommodation_Policy_Statement
Veterans Information: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Veterans_Information
Selective Service Registration: http://www.sss.gov/
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection procedures. The quality categories are defined as "Best Qualified", "Well Qualified", and "Qualified".
Based on your responses to the job-specific self-assessment questions, eligible candidates are placed for selection consideration into one of three pre-defined quality categories as described below:
Best Qualified Category - In addition to meeting minimum qualifications for the position, candidates must fully demonstrate proficiency in all major aspects of the position.
Well Qualified Category - In addition to meeting minimum qualifications, candidates must demonstrate proficiency in some, but not all of the major aspects of the position.
Qualified Category - In addition to meeting minimum qualifications, applicants must demonstrate a basic level of knowledge, skill and ability of the position.
If you are eligible for career transition assistance plans such as ICTAP or CTAP, you must meet the definition of "well qualified" which is defined as having a score of 85 or better.
Application of Veterans Preference: The Category Rating Method does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three," but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each pre-defined quality category. Preference eligibles who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent (i.e., CPS and CP) must be listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit all required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted accordingly.