Start Date is November 11th. Multiple positions available! We are looking for exceptional customer service reps who can be available to work a flexible weekly schedule,which may vary week-to-week, of approximately 20 hours per week (Mon-Fri). Paid training will be Monday-Friday 8 am-1:30 pm for 2.5 weeks.
PERKS: Tuition assistance is offered to part-time employees who work 20 hours/week! Successful employees will have an option to work-from-home within 3-6 months!
The Finance Advisor-Inbound PT answers incoming customer calls in a fast paced environment, speaking to financial aid processes, and assisting students with overcoming obstacles throughout the student life cycle. The Finance Advisor-Inbound is committed to customer satisfaction and an ability to make quick and accurate decisions with empathy and integrity, and focuses on providing an optimal student experience relating to students financing their education. This role communicates with students regarding their finance options while ensuring financial processes are completed in accordance with established guidelines. The Finance Advisor-Inbound PT may also be directed to complete other job duties as needed.Those in this role are natural problem solvers, on many occasions dealing with customer issues and account discrepancies require research, de-escalation, and effective issue resolution. An individual must be able to make outbound calls,respond to emails and chat based on business need.
- Be available to work a flexible weekly schedule, which may vary week-to-week, that includes daily work shifts of up to 8 hours a day and work weeks of approximately 20 hours per week.
- Educate and assist prospective and/or current student regarding policies and requirements for selected finance options, including federal student financial aid.
- Provide timely, accurate, and comprehensive customer service to students. Utilize critical thinking, creativity, and problem solving to address and resolve student issues to ensure a positive student experience.
- Evaluate student accounts to explore solutions that assist students in attaining their educational goals.
- Facilitate the processing of federal student financial aid to ensure compliance with established regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Communicate and collaborate as needed with internal departments regarding student customer service.
- Adhere to Financial Services quality guidelines which are subject to change.
- Demonstrate personal and professional integrity as outlined in the Company Code of Business Ethics.
- Proactively identify potential bottlenecks within the student finance process and initiate steps to resolve those bottlenecks (next issue avoidance).
- Communicate effectively with prospective and/or current students, primarily via inbound calls.
- Work in a fast paced environment effectively analyzing and communicating complex student situations.
- Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Knowledge of business, education, technology, counseling, and/or nursing programs of study.
- Computer literate with an ability to learn proprietary software applications.
- Demonstrate strong verbal communication skills and ability to clearly and concisely explain student accounts in a manner that is easily understood.
- Ability to perform and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment effectively analyzing complex student situations.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effective in a team environment or independently.
- Possess a high level of interpersonal and communication skills to accurately convey University information as described above.
- Must be able to travel to offsite meetings or appointments as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Customer service or advising experience in an educational environment involving one-on-one interaction is strongly preferred.
- General knowledge of the higher education industry and Title IV funding preferred.