File Clerk (OA) Full-time Job1 month ago - Office Management - Iowa City - 121 views
These positions are located in the Health Information Management Section (HIMS) of the Business Office Service at the VA Medical Center in Iowa City, IA.
- Performing duties related to the receipt, intake, scanning, indexing, quality control, destruction, and transfer of health and administrative information;
- Scanning various health information documents into VistA Imaging and assuring that the scanned documents are associated to the correct patient, note, and consult in the Computerized Patient Record System (CPRS);
- Following approved scanning and indexing procedures;
- Confirming record integrity and reviewing the image quality in the VistA Imaging display;
- Ensuring that regular quality checks are carried out according to prescribed timeframes and criteria;
- Maintaining confidentiality of all electronic records and paper components of the health record;
- Following appropriate procedures when mailing and destroying health information in paper or electronic format;
- Ensuring sensitive (employee/Veteran) health records are maintained in an extra-secure manner and available only to requestors in the scope of their official duties;
- Utilizing a computer to perform a wide variety of record keeping, correspondence, and tracking operations;
- Performing timely filing, retrieval, and clerical duties associated with the retention, maintenance, disposition, guardianship and control of health records in both terminal digit and alphabetic filing systems;
- Communicating with other administrative and clinical staff members to locate/obtain health records;
- Explains non-VA health record documents to medical center staff and assisting them in understanding how to recognize which nomenclature and indexing term to use;
- Retrieving records using a combination of computer-based patient treatment history and historical record transactions to deduce locations of hard-to-find records;
- Referencing VistA Imaging and patient locator cards to support Release of Information activities;
- Conducting extensive searches for health records when initial searches have been unsuccessful;
- Maintaining a daily productivity log of scanning, importing, and indexing activities;
- Performing related duties as required.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm.
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
Job family (Series)
0305 Mail And File
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- May be required to serve a probationary period
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
TYPING PROFICIENCY: This position requires the skills of a qualified typist. In addition to meeting the experience and/or education requirements, you must be able to type at least 40 words per minute.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: One year of general experience. General experience is progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates the ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of this position. This experience may include maintaining a filing system and using a computer to perform administrative duties. Your experience must be detailed in your resume to receive credit.
Or an associate's degree or 2 years of post high school education that provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of this position. This education must have been obtained in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university. One year of full-time academic study is defined as 30 semester hours, 45 quarter hours, or the equivalent in a college or university, or at least 20 hours of classroom instruction per week for approximately 36 weeks in a business, secretarial, or technical school. Transcripts required.
Or an equivalent combination of general experience and post high school education as described that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of this position. Experience must be detailed, and transcripts required.
You will be rated on the following Competencies as part of the assessment questionnaire for this position:
- Attention to Detail
- Interpersonal Skills
- Medical Information
IMPORTANT: A full year of work is considered to be 35-40 hours of work per week. All experience listed on your resume must include the month and year start/end dates. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. Applicants wishing to receive credit for such experience must indicate clearly the nature of their duties and responsibilities in each position and the number of hours a week spent in such employment.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
For more information on these qualification standards, please visit the United States Office of Personnel Management's website at https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/.
IMPORTANT: A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education.
NOTE: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.