EXECUTIVE STAFF ASSISTANT Full-time Job1 week ago - Professional - Phoenix - 49 views
Arizona Department of Corrections
Safer communities through effective corrections.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
EXECUTIVE STAFF ASSISTANT
1601 W. Jefferson
Phoenix, Arizona 85007
The Arizona Department of Corrections (ADC) is seeking a qualified individual to provide high-level administrative support to the Deputy Director and executive staff.
- Corresponds verbally and in writing with various departments, outside agencies and constituents on behalf of the Deputy Director
- Composes sensitive correspondence on behalf of the Deputy Director
- Compiles well-researched and accurate reports for agency use
- Monitors the Deputy Director’s email, calendar and procures event and travel arrangements
- Facilitates telephonic and video conferences
- Forecasts and tracks fiscal budgets for cost centers
- Assists with various human resources functions
- Formats and compiles spreadsheets
- Completes projects and assignments including tracking and compiling confidential information/documentation
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
SPECIAL SELECTION FACTOR(S) – THE FOLLOWING ARE REQUIRED:
Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
- Administrative and organizational principles
- Business and public administration practices
- State and federal rules and regulations
- Protocol of communicating with individuals within ADC, other state agencies, out-of-state agencies, and private sector
- Office protocol when coordinating meetings and high profile individuals
- Software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Organization and composition of business letters, reports, charts, and spreadsheets
- Correct English usage, spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Human resources practices and procedures
- Organization and maintenance of filing systems
- Building and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Analytical and problem solving
- Writing and editing
- Learn the operation of state government and the ADC’s organizational structure and responsibilities
- Study and analyze policies and procedures
- Work independently
- Manage high-level projects
- Maintain confidentiality
SELECTIVE PREFERENCE(S) - IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Five years progressively responsible work experience providing administrative assistance to senior level managers and/or executives
- Extensive background in office protocol experience
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation.
We offer an excellent and affordable comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees:
- Vacation and sick days with 10 paid holidays per year
- Robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability options
- Exceptional retirement program
- Optional employee benefits such as deferred compensation plans, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS). Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Current ADC Employees: Consult with your respective Human Resources Liaison if you are in a different retirement plan than the one indicated above.
If you experience technical issues while applying for this position, please call 602-542-4700 or email [email protected]
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting the Employment Unit Manager at (602) 255-2430. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.