Exam Proctor Needed At University of San Francisco Temporary Job3 weeks ago - Training - San Francisco - 30 views
This is a temporary position through HR Options.
Our client, University of San Francisco (USF) is looking to fill multiple temporary, part-time Exam Proctor positions within the School of Law. Resumes are being looked at immediately and qualified candidates will be considered.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world's most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a student's passion for social justice and a desire to “Change the World From Here.”
A temporary position is an excellent opportunity to gain industry experience orget your foot in the door with an employer. It's a great way to network, pickup new skills and expand your resume.
Full Job Description:
- Supervise individual and classroom USF School of Law exams, according to strict guidelines, in order to maintain the integrity of Law School exams.
- Clearly articulate test related information including instructions (over a microphone) to groups (up to 40 law graduate students).
- Ensure students comply with the Honor Code and set test instructions throughout the duration of the exam.
- Assist in passing out, collecting, and securing testing and related materials; distribute answer sheets and blue books to students. Count tests; place them in numerical order.
- Check for violations in security and whenever appropriate, notify the Law Registrar's Office of any irregularities or problems immediately. Document violations.
- Assist in preparing exam materials and stuffing exam envelops prior to exams. Must be able to carry a 10 pound box of materials and be able to move quickly, including up and down stairwells.
- May serve as a relief (supervising the room while active proctor is on a break) for active proctors.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Must be punctual, reliable, professional and responsible.
- Ability to maintain composure under difficult circumstances when working with students who may be experiencing stress.
- Ability to remain alert and attentive throughout the duration of the exam (3-8 hours).
- Must be confident speaking in a microphone, in front of large groups of people; ability to read written instructions loudly and clearly.
- Must be comfortable approaching an individual (s) who is deviating from the set exam instructions or procedures.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the Law Registrar exam proctor team.
- Must be pro-active, able to anticipate needs, and a clear communicator.
- Ability to accept direction and implement desired changes.
- Must demonstrate highest level of confidentiality and appropriate discretion.
- Must be able to work accurately through distractions.
- Prior exam proctoring experience preferred, but not required.
The Law School exam period is: Monday-Saturday, Dec 2 - Dec 13th. Multiple law exams occur throughout the day, and are typically scheduled at 9 am, 11 am,1:30 pm, 2:30 pm, 6:00 pm, and 6:30 pm. Shifts are typically a minimum of four hours and may change due to the length of exams. Proctors can work a maximum of 2 back-to-back (approx. 8 hours) shifts per day. Proctors shifts are assigned based on availability submitted and cannot be changed once assigned. A paid training session (1-2 hours) will be held prior to exams. Please note proctors will be asked to supervise a variety of exams (room sizes, number of students,examination types) taking place. Exams can be held in large lecture rooms (upto 40 students), smaller conference rooms (10-15 students), or individual private rooms where you will be asked to monitor from outside the classroom.
To apply,visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Exam-Proctor_R0002473.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world’s most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a student’s passion for social justice and a desire to “Change the World From Here.” For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency