ELIGIBILITY INTERVIEWER TRAINEE - LOCAL OFFICE Full-time Job4 days ago - Sales & Services - Globe - 51 views
ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC SECURITY
Your Partner For A Stronger Arizona
DES works with families, community organizations, advocates and state and federal partners to realize our collective
vision that every child, adult, and family in Arizona will be safe and economically secure.
Our Mission is to make Arizona stronger by helping Arizonans reach their full potential through temporary
assistance for those in need, and care for the vulnerable.
JUMP-START YOUR CAREER WITH THE STATE OF ARIZONA
AS AN ELIGIBILITY INTERVIEWER
605 South 7th Street, Globe, Arizona 85501
PAID TRAINING AND WEEKENDS OFF
The Division of Benefit and Medical Eligibility is seeking compassionate, caring individuals to provide customer service to help Arizonans reach their full potential through temporary assistance.
On a daily basis you will:
- Conduct in-person interviews while inputting client information into the electronic computer systems
- Provide excellent customer service to clients, in a fast paced office environment
- Interview and gather client information to complete the application process, while typing on a computer and toggling through multiple screens
- Ensure all information is correctly obtained and captured in multiple system applications to complete the benefits determination process
- Verify client information by interacting with internal and external customers and community resources
- Adhere to agency standards in a high-volume local office, measured by metrics and standards related to service levels, accuracy and timeliness
- Click HERE to see a day in the life of an Eligibility Interviewer
Do you have the ability to?
- Have regular and reliable attendance to include the first 12 to 20 weeks of uninterrupted training, travel to training may be required
- Have proficient computer skills including data entry, accessing the internet, email, MS Office and/or Google G-Suite applications
- Apply basic mathematical skills to determine public assistance eligibility
- Maintain excellent listening, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Provide proof of obtaining a High School diploma or GED
- Be patient and pay attention to detail
Do you have one of the following?
- At least two (2) years of experience performing customer service related duties
- One (1) year of experience determining eligibility for loans, financial assistance, unemployment, veterans’ benefits, publicly/privately funded health, counseling, or social services
We offer a competitive benefits package that is unmatched by the private sector including comprehensive health
benefits, paid time off, ten paid holidays per year, tuition reimbursement and much more!
Interested? Apply today at azstatejobs.gov. For questions about this career opportunity, please call Elaine Felix (520) 858-7163 or [email protected] Requests for accommodation(s) can be made by calling this number or by visiting the ADA Job Board.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting (520) 858-7163. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.