Electronic Systems Architecture Engineer, Paccar Winch Inc.
Electronic Systems Architecture Engineer Job
Opening Date: Oct 5, 2023
Date Posted: Oct, 6, 2023
Location: Kirkland, WA, US, 98033
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Embedded, Electronics Engineer, Architecture, Testing, Technology, Engineering, Customer Service
PACCAR Embedded Engineering Organization has an immediate opening for an Electronic Systems Architecture Engineer to join our team in Kirkland, WA.Apply Now
- PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905.
- PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks.
- PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates.
- PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced powertrains, provides financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services – you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
PACCAR Embedded Engineering is a rapidly expanding organization that is transforming the way control systems and software are developed for commercial vehicle applications. This includes developing the latest vehicle controls, display technology, and autonomous truck solutions that exceed customer expectations. You will collaborate with an international, cross-functional team focused on driving superior technical solutions that maximize customer uptime and operating efficiency. Successful applicants will demonstrate individual creativity in addressing challenges and opportunities while working within a supportive team to develop industry-leading solutions for the medium- and heavy-duty truck industry.
PACCAR’s Embedded Engineering department, which serves both Kenworth and Peterbilt, has an opening for an Electronic Systems Architecture Engineer. Successful candidates for this role will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly, and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be able to deliver critical program goals across multiple projects and continue to enhance PACCAR’s global functional and system development processes. Electronic Systems Architecture Engineers will have an opportunity to work on new vehicle control functions, including (but not limited to) Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and Battery Electric Hybrid components.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Design electrical and electronic systems, in-vehicle network communication, and architecture for next-generation heavy-duty vehicles.
- Analyze system needs and requirements and create system architecture designs.
- Participate in Function Scrums to collaborate on system design details.
- Integrate a variety of subsystems into vehicle electrical/electronic network architecture.
- Develop and document engineering specifications for new vehicle control functions, including Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and Battery Electric Hybrid components.
- Support test organization in the identification and resolution of design issues. Update architecture documents accordingly.
- Peer review coworker design documents, as well as provide review feedback to input documents and software requirements.
- Manage engineering and project processes to maintain schedule, budget, and function.
- Learn and develop Technical Safety Concepts for systems requiring Automotive Safety Integrity Level
- Up to 10% travel (domestic and international).
Qualifications & Skills
- B.S. in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent degree required.
- 5+ years of experience in product development and new product implementation.
- Experience in the design and application of electronic control modules, switches, input devices, software, and/or HMI elements.
- Willing to learn and use new engineering processes and techniques and be resourceful in solving complex technical problems.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Familiarity with personal computer software including project management tools, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Willingness to grow personally and professionally. Responsibilities
- Master’s degree and PE license.
- Design experience in automotive or commercial vehicle electrical systems or industry-related fields.
- Experience with automotive or commercial vehicle networks, such as CAN. SAE J1939 and LIN.
- Solid understanding of Six Sigma disciplines and tools.
- Engineering knowledge of heavy-duty commercial truck systems and regulations.
- Proficiency using Requirements Management tools and Systems Engineering tools desired.
- Experience using MATLAB/Simulink, IBM Rational Rhapsody, IBM Rational DOORS, IBM Rational Team Concert, and/or HP/ALMQC Quality Center is a plus
- Experience with ASPICE as applied to automotive software requirements and development is a plus.
Why work for PACCAR?
- Global Fortune 500 Company with a wide array of growth and development opportunities.
- Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized as experts in their fields.
- Support and/or design the commercial vehicles of the future with a focus on emerging technologies such as electric and autonomous trucks
As a U.S. PACCAR employee, you have a full range of benefit options including:
- 401k with up to a 5% company match
- Fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after retirement
- Comprehensive paid time off – minimum of 10 paid vacation days (additional days are provided with additional seniority/years of service), 12 paid holidays, and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Paid short-and long-term disability programs
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- EAP services including wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling and more
Additional Job Board Information
At PACCAR, we value talent and promote growth and development. We carefully consider numerous compensation factors including your education, training, or experience. The salary range for Electronic Systems Architecture Engineer is $106,300-$166,300 annually. This position is also eligible for a holiday gift. Additionally, this role is eligible for the full range of benefit options listed above.
PACCAR promotes equal employment opportunities by implementing policies and practices that ensure employees and applicants are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status or other legally protected status. This applies to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, termination, rates of pay, and other conditions of employment.
For further Information:
WARNING: Always be on the lookout for job scams! PACCAR will never ask you for money as part of recruitment or a job offer.
How to Apply:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for at least 3 professional references
- Just click on the button below the Apply page will open in the next tab.
- Signup with your email and confirm your email ID
- Put your details and submit your application
- Upload your resume if applicable