Editor Needed At RSM US LLP Full-time Job7 months ago - Marketing & Communication - San Francisco - 157 views
The Editor will work collaboratively with one or several industry or line of business (LOB) teams to develop forward-looking economic thought leadership and marketing content. The editor will develop and write content, including articles, blog posts, research reports, white papers, and promotional copy, as well as edit content written by the firm’s experts. The editor works to package and publish that content on the appropriate print, digital and social platforms. In addition, the editor will serve as an advisor and collaborator with the core IMC teams supporting the industry/line of business and the IMC centers of excellence, as well as collaborating closely with the industry analyst and respective industry/LOB leaders.
- Develops, reports, writes, edits and publishes thought leadership in the form of articles, blogs posts, research reports, white papers and audiocasts for assigned LOBs and/or industries in partnership with the industry analyst, respective LOB/industry leaders and the IMC team assigned to the LOB/industry. Determines appropriate supporting graphics including data visualizations, photography, illustration and related material in partnership with RSM’s IMC and design teams
- Determines appropriate distribution and packaging for a range of content on platforms including the firm’s internal and external websites, blog and social media platforms, including RSM Power, in partnership with the core IMC team assigned to the LOB/industry. Performs production-related functions appropriate to each platform to publish
- Manages editorial calendar for assigned industry/LOB team/s, working closely with core IMC team. Liaises regularly with thought leadership director to leverage content for use in the firm’s macroeconomic campaigns and research
- Collaborates closely with an assigned industry/LOB team/s, staying apprised of relevant issues affecting the industry/LOB and how they relate to middle market businesses. Meets regularly with firm’s senior industry analysts and respective industry/LOB leaders
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS in English or Journalism
- 10+ years of reporting and/or editing experience on general business, finance or industry in a deadline-driven environment such as a national news organization, daily newspaper, trade publication or corporate newsroom (required)
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with published clips (required)
- Strong knowledge of AP style (required)
- Multimedia experience (preferred)
- Highly collaborative and able to work with a variety of stakeholders to achieve results (required)
- Knowledge of WordPress and electronic publishing (preferred)
- Ability to collaborate as part of a cross-functional team inclusive of marketing, communications, sales and editorial
- Able to coach professionals in the development of compelling messaging and delivery of effective communications (preferred)
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.