Duty Store Manager, ALDI Stores
Location: 141 Argyle St, Traralgon VIC 3844, Australia
Salary: $31.46 per hour
Job Type: Permanent, Part-time
ALDI. Good Difference.
With roots dating back to 1913, ALDI is proud to make a real difference to people across the world by offering top quality products for low prices. ALDI first entered the Australian grocery market in 2001 and has since grown to have almost 600 stores and 8 distribution centres in 6 states.
If you’ve ever shopped at ALDI you know we are not your average supermarket. We’re also not your average employer. ALDI is a place where you’ll find good people, good purpose and good opportunities. So you can work with a great team, feel great for making a real difference for everyday Australians and have a rewarding career.
It’s that simple. ALDI Good Different.
Start your leadership journey with ALDI! From driving sales, to serving customers and supervising staff, our Duty Store Managers always lead from the front.
Your purpose is ensuring our store runs smoothly during your shift. You’ll be supporting and guiding team members, handling customer inquiries and working collaboratively as part of the store management team. All the while, you’ll be honing your leadership skills and truly making a difference for your team and our customers.
The specifics? Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Opening and closing the store and supervising shifts
- Offering feedback to the team that’s clear, constructive, and inspiring
- Assisting in training and onboarding team members
- Being a customer service superstar and serving customers at the registers with a smile
- Keeping shelves stocked with products so that our customers can find all their favourites
- Keeping a keen lookout for any incidents or hazards to keep everyone safe
In return, we’d love for you to:
- Use your initiative to manage and improve our work quality and efficiency
- Communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels – teamwork is the key
- Exhibit professionalism, fairness, and responsibility in every conversation
- Manage your workload effectively, even when things heat up
- Lead by example, promoting a positive team spirit that’s contagious
Offer our customers service that’s consistently polite and courteous
What’s in it for you?
- Enjoy a fantastic hourly rate of $31.46* + shift allowances
- 35-hour per week contract
- Be part of a company with purpose – we’re committed to sustainability for our planet, positively impacting our communities, supporting our farmers and suppliers and giving our customers a richer life for less.
- Start your leadership journey with us with extensive training and career opportunities with over 80% of our store management roles filled internally
- Work in a friendly and supportive environment with small teams
- Support during life’s most important moments including paid parental leave, superannuation on parental leave, up to 5 days paid compassionate leave, natural disaster leave, emergency services leave etc
- Boost your well-being with the MyALDI Wellbeing program –gym discounts to health insurance benefits
- Need support? Our confidential Employee Assistance Program is available to you and your family, free of charge
- Don’t worry about aches and pains – we offer free physiotherapy for non-work-related issues
Finally, you’ll be joining a team that’s been voted Employer of Choice for five consecutive years. Are you ready to kick-start your retail leadership career at ALDI? We can’t wait to hear from you!
As a Duty Store Manager you will need to work in the evenings and on weekends as part of the store management team.
How to Apply:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for at least 3 professional references
- Just click on the button below the Apply page will open in the next tab.
- Signup with your email and confirm your email ID
- Put your details and submit your application
- Upload your resume if applicable