Department Secretary External Affairs Full-time Job4 months ago - Medical & Healthcare - Akron - 163 views
Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Full Time, M-F Days
Performs secretarial duties for the department.
1. Secretarial support for the Director of Community Benefits, Advocacy, and Outreach.
2. Secretarial support for the Director of Government Relations.
3. Support to External Affairs departmental staff.
4. Inventory Supply and Support.
5. Miscellaneous Duties.
1. Requires proficient secretarial skills.
2. Strong communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and organizational skills required.
3. Must have telephone skills.
4. Ability to type 35 wpm and proficient in word processing, spreadsheet software, excel, and access data base required.
5. Experience with database creation and management preferred.
6. Ability to work under stressful conditions in an appropriate manner and independently with minimal supervision.
Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Emphasis in secretarial studies preferred.
3. Minimum three (3) years’ experience required.
4. Medical field and medical terminology experience preferred.