Customer Support Associate, Square
- Location: Melbourne, VIC, Australia
- Alternate Location: Sydney, Australia
- Salary: $58,700-64,900 per year
- Job type: Permanent, Full-time
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
We are looking for a Customer Support Associate to join the Square Australia Customer Success team. The Customer Success team works with Square sellers (merchants) by phone and email, to solve problems, demonstrate how to get the most out of Square, and always improve our Square products by giving feedback to Square Product teams. Reporting to the Lead, Customer Success, you’ll support our diverse Square seller base across Australia.
You may have current experience providing customer service in hospitality, retail, or another customer-focused role. You will work with your lead and Square teammates to develop a career in a technology company, better understand the unique challenges faced by Australian (and international) small business owners, and help promote long-term success for Square in Australia.
This role can be based in either our Melbourne or Sydney offices through a hybrid of in-office and remote working, but also remotely anywhere on the east coast of Australia. Multiple positions are available.
- Spend the majority of your day (up to 80% of your shift) working with Square sellers by handling inbound phone inquiries in a fast-paced environment
- Apply creative problem solving to seller inquiries with the support of your partners, resource and leadership
- Identify, document, take ownership of sellers’ issues and see problems through to resolution, escalating feature requests
- Analyse trends in seller issues and suggest improvement ideas and plans
- Work with internal Squares and our Square Australia sellers with empathy, being willing to seek different perspectives, take principled risks and have a focus on inventing and learning
- Occasionally work on public holidays to support our Square Australia sellers
- The ability to work with Australia-based sellers in English (writing and phone), and global Square colleagues in English (reading, writing and video meetings)
- Experience working in a customer support role or a background in hospitality, retail or a customer-facing role
- Comfort with ambiguity and resilient when facing rapid change
- Problem-solving skills – you enjoy digging into a problem and finding a solution
- The soft skills to engage with sellers over the phone, asking questions and offering solutions for their business
- The ability to tailor a custom customer support experience to address the unique requirements of individual Square sellers
- A strong interest in receiving and implementing feedback and focus on improvement
- A passion for Square and desire to help sellers
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer.
- We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
- We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process.
- We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
- Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our .
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ)
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
How to Apply:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for at least 3 professional references
- Just click on the button below the Apply page will open in the next tab.
- Signup with your email and confirm your email ID
- Put your details and submit your application
- Upload your resume if applicable