CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT Full-time Job3 months ago - Sales & Services - Brooklyn - 119 views
- New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio recently launched IDNYC, a New York City municipal identification card that is available to all New Yorkers. IDNYC aims to bridge the gap of those New Yorkers who don’t have easy access to government issued photo identification, as well as drive access to both public and private resources.
IDNYC is recruiting one (1) Community Assistant to function as Customer Service Assistant who will be responsible for answering inquiries from the public and IDNYC cardholders, responding to general 311 and web inquiries, as well as continuously improving the customer satisfaction. The Customer Service Assistant may also become involved in quality improvement projects as well as generating reports based on the direction from the leadership team.
Working under the direction of the Director of Customer Service, the Customer Service Assistant will:
- Review customer inquiries submitted via 311 call centers and IDNYC website, and respondin a timely manner.
- Identify trends in customer service issues and track customer comments and concerns, aswell as actions taken.
- Collaborate with the Quality Assurance team to identify training needs and improvecustomer satisfaction.
- Liaise with IDNYC staff and leadership to ensure that appropriate changes were made toresolve customers' issues.
- Refer unresolved customer inquiries to designated units in IDNYC for further investigation.
- Provide assistance to the IDNYC leadership team as needed.
- Perform other duties as necessary
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. There are no formal education or experience requirements for this position. However, the ability to understand and carry out simple instructions is required.
2. Candidates must be able to understand and be understood in English.
- Must possess good computer technology skills including a proficiency in Microsoft OfficeSoftware (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and the ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Experience working for City government and/or immigrant or community based organizationentities a plus.
- Must be highly organized and be attentive to detail.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to write emails and correspondence that are free from grammatical and spellingerrors.
- Highly professional demeanor.
- Multilingual a plus.
The federal government provides student loan forgiveness through its Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF) to all qualifying public service employees. Working with the DSS/HRA/DHS qualifies you as a public service employee and you may be able to take advantage of this program while working full-time and meeting the program’s other requirements.
Please visit the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program site to view the eligibility requirements:
In addition, the Human Resources Administration/Department of Social Services offers competitive salaries and the following benefits:
Generous Pension Plans (The New York Employees' Retirement System);
401(k) and 457 Roth's Retirement Savings Programs;
U.S. Savings Bonds Flexible Spending Program;
Health Benefits, Dental, Vision Coverage, Prescription Drug Program;
Training and Professional Development;
Opportunity for Scholarship; College Savings Program;
Paid Holidays and Generous Annual Leave;
Click "APPLY NOW" Button.
Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm
1 Metro Tech, Brooklyn Ny
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.