About the job
Customer Operations Specialist Marshall, Minnesota
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit:
Location: Marshall MN Corp Office
Shift: Not Applicable
The Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our front lines, we look to you to execute business, build relationships, and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people. Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™, and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute, and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.comWe are searching for a Customer Operations Specialist in Marshall, MN. Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for ensuring that all customer orders are entered into the system and processed in an accurate and timely manner. This position is also responsible for notifying customers of any problems with their orders (such as fulfillment issues, timeline changes, pricing changes, etc.), and working with key internal/external partners to determine a resolution.
- Maintains customer orders in the system by entering customer orders and confirming receipt of orders with the customer in a timely and accurate manner
- Sends invoices to customers for retrieval of payment
- Provides customer service to all customers and answers any questions they may have regarding their orders. Escalates issues as needed.
- Partners with the Transportation team to determine if scheduled shipments will leave/arrive on time. Works with transportation and buyer teams to update timelines if needed and notifies the customer.
- Prepares shortage reports and freight variance reports after each customer order so that the team can troubleshoot any discrepancies.
- Works with Buyers to confirm orders and discuss any pertinent details on the order
- Partners with Sales team to determine pricing changes and notifies the customer of the pricing changes
- Partners with the Accounting team to fix any errors on invoices.
- Responsible for conducting yourself and ensuring your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Associate’s degree preferred.
- Years of Related Experience: 1-3 years
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (especially Outlook and Excel):
- Strong problem solving, time management, and customer service skills;
- Strong communication skills(both written and verbal);
- Strong attention to detail; Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to perform math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division;
- Adaptability and ability to handle change
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications associated with the job. An individual must be able to perform all of the duties and responsibilities listed in a fully competent manner to be considered successful in the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties and responsibilities.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit:
How to apply:
- Just click on the button below Apply page will open in the next tab.
- Signup with your email and confirm your email ID
- Put your details and submit your application
- Upload your resume if applicable