Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of professional experience in a business, media, or non-profit environment.
- Experience in tech PR, with excellent relationships with tech, business and consumer press.
- Experience providing communications guidance to executives and devising communications strategy.
- Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion, and work efficiently with a global team of colleagues and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Ability to tell a broad, consumer focused story.
- Exceptional technical acumen and ability to understand complex issues.
- Proven communicator with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
About the job
As a member of the Global Communications & Public Affair steam, you will work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists and other thought leaders; devise specific communications materials and campaigns;engage in face-to-face meetings with commentators and other opinion former's;and develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns. We're looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues and explain them in person and also via well written, simple blog posts, FAQs, video scripts and more.
As a Communications Associate, you will be working on external communications for our Consumer Communications and Photos products, which includes Google Fi., Google Duo, Messages and efforts with rich communications services (RCS), and Google Photos.
You will work closely with members of our internal client team within the products team on upcoming launches, announcements and events in determining a press strategy which includes media outreach, message development and uncovering proactive press opportunities.
You will also collaborate with internal partners across functions(e.g., PR, Policy, Legal, HR, etc.) and geographies. You will foster and maintain relationships with reporters across consumer, business, tech and mobile industry press, and drive positive, impactful media coverage for the products.
We help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders-and our own employees-about the benefits of Google's products, our distinctive company culture/values and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. You are quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious. To succeed in this role, you'll you are willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly at Google, and to do great work, you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across PR, comms, marketing, product and beyond.
- Devise press strategies and provide communications guidance for our Communications and Photos products updates and features.
- Develop and maintain close, productive relationships with journalists, key partners and influencers in the tech, business and consumer press.
- Work with Google’s communications teams around the world to share more about our Communications and Photos products, from developing press interviews to events and activities.
- Represent Google as a company spokesperson.
- Develop compelling communications materials, including story pitches, statements and blog posts.
At Google,we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race,color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.