Is being part of a small clerical team in your own office appeal to you?
Would you enjoy providing quality clerical support services in an organization that takes pride in helping youth?
Are you interested in coming to work in a country setting and avoiding the hassles of traffic in the city?
Apply today to become a Clerk Typist 2 on the beautiful grounds of North Central Secure Treatment Unit (NCSTU)!
Join the clerical support team at NCSTU by taking pride in knowing your quality work is helping the youth entrusted to our care. A variety of duties keeps you interested and engaged. Editing and distributing reports is an important aspect of this job. Preparing and sending letters to various entities insures effective communications are ongoing. Logging, tracking and filing various documents is essential to effective records retention. Managing accounts involving collecting, counting, depositing, distributing and balancing funds are critical to program operations. Use of office equipment and software promotes efficiency.
Full-time employment with free parking and excellent pay & benefits.
If you would like an opportunity to join our clerical team that supports various aspects of the organization that provide essential services to our youth, follow the application instructions.
Hours of work: Monday - Friday, 8:30AM - 4:30 PM (7.5 hrs per day)
Travel and Overtime: As Needed
In order to be eligible for this position you must:
- Have successfully examined and have a current score on file. If you have not already done so, you must first apply to the exam posting and follow the directions provided. Link to Clerk Typist 1&2 (Online Exam)
- Be a resident of Pennsylvania
- Be able to perform essential job functions
- Be willing to work in Danville, Montour County PA
- Based upon the nature of the duties in the position description, the individual selected for this position may be required to annually disclose specific personal and business financial information in accordance with Management Directive 205.10 regarding Financial Disclosures Required by the Public Official and Employee Ethics Act.
Legal Requirements:This position falls under the provisions of the Child Protective Services Law.
- Under the Law, a conditional offer of employment will require submission and approval of satisfactory criminal history reports, including but not limited to, PA State Police, Child Abuse history clearance, and FBI clearance.
Commonwealth employment requirement:
- A conditional offer of employment will require satisfactory completion of a medical examination.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.