Clerk-Experienced Level Full-time Job5 months ago - Office Management - Contra Costa Centre - 217 views
Why join Contra Costa County?
Are you interested in pursuing a new opportunity and a career in public service? Contra Costa County is seeking talented and qualified individuals to fill clerical vacancies throughout the County!
There are lots of opportunities for Clerk-Experienced Level employees to advance to Clerk-Senior Level after satisfying the requirements. Also, there are potential advancement opportunities to other specialized and supervisory clerical positions.
Typing Positions: To be considered for typing positions, applicants must complete a typing test validating the ability to type at least 40 net words per minute. To complete the test you may utilize the following resources:
- Please visit our website at www.cccounty.us/hr under "Job Seeker Resources" for a listing of typing locations in Contra Costa County and Alameda County; or
- Visit https://es.eskill.com/es/quiz/?testId=6c171db25bfca67a to take an online typing test. Test results will be sent you via email, please attach them to your application. Candidates who do not include a valid typing test score will be considered for non-typing positions only.
Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We offer a monthly salary differential of $100 to employees in assignments that require bilingual proficiency.
To read the complete Clerk Experienced Level job description, please visit the website www.cccounty.us/hr
For Frequently Asked Questions regarding this recruitment, please click on the following link before applying: https://www.contracosta.ca.gov/DocumentCenter/View/45873/FAQs-for-ELC-Job-Applicants
The eligible list established from this recruitment may remain in effect for six (6) months.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Detail oriented. You will be responsible for ensuring accuracy of spelling, numbers or data entry.
- Customer focused. Your role will require you to be responsive and proactive when addressing customer needs.
- Organized. You will need to balance multiple assignments and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Dependable. Your assigned unit will rely on you for support.
What you will typically be responsible for:
- General office duties such as typing, scanning, proofreading, filing, and email correspondence
- Receiving mail and processing it or routing it to the appropriate person
- Entering and maintaining data or other information in a computer database
- Checking forms for accuracy and proper completion
- Proofreading information such as records or reports
- Screening phone calls, answering questions, taking messages or forwarding to appropriate person for resolution
A few reasons you might love this job:
- Your work will have a direct impact on the County's ability to provide important public services
- There is opportunity for promotional growth
- There is a wide variety of County departments with clerical staffing needs, so you can expand the breadth of your experience
A few challenges you might face in this job:
- Your customers will include some people with strong personalities and/or high expectations
- Tasks can vary depending upon the operational need and the department you are assigned to work
- You will work in a highly regulated government environment
- Oral Communication: Engaging effectively in dialogue
- Writing: Communicating effectively in writing
- Attention to Detail: Focusing on the details of work content, work steps, and final work products
- Building & Maintaining Relationships: Establishing rapport and maintaining mutually productive relationships
- Customer Focus: Attending to the needs and expectations of customers
- Using Technology: Working with electronic hardware and software applications
- Professional & Technical Expertise: Applying technical subject matter to the job
- Valuing Diversity: Appreciating the benefits of varied backgrounds and cultures in the workplace
- Fact Finding: Obtaining facts and data pertaining to an issue or question
- Mathematical Facility: Performing computations and solving mathematical problems
- Professional Integrity & Ethics: Displaying honesty, adherence to principles, and personal accountability
- Self-Management: Showing personal organization, self-discipline, and dependability
- Adaptability: Responding positively to change and modifying behavior as the situation requires
Typing Skills: The ability to type at a speed of not less than 40 words per minute from clear manuscript or printed or typewritten copy. Employees who are in positions which do not require typing, or classifications which require typing at a lower speed, may be required to demonstrate their ability to type 40 words per minute before appointment, transfer or reassignment into positions requiring typing.
Level B: One (1) year of full-time office clerical experience, or equivalent animal related clerical experience.