CITY ATTENDANT Full-time Job3 months ago - Sales & Services - New York City - 186 views
- Under general supervision, the candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Safely and properly backing trucks into dumping bays on tipping floor.
- Ensure that tipping floor is clean throughout the day.
- Clean interior halls, offices, restrooms (including urinals and commodes) and locker rooms.
- Clean in and around compactors and conveyor pits.
- Mop and sweep floors, vacuum carpets.
- Pick up refuse, recycling and empty waste baskets in the facility.
- Service Litter and Debris around the facility and surrounding area.
- Wash walls, dust counter tops, etc.
- Deliver and pick up mail, small packages, etc.
- Perform minor maintenance repairs.
- Assist in the storage of files. Lift heavy boxes.
- Perform various recycling functions.
- Check and replace water coolers.
- Special tasks at the requests of the supervisor.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. There are no formal educational or experience requirements for this position.
2. There are certain medical and physical requirements.
These positions are assigned to various locations and Boroughs. If selected for an interview, candidate will be informed of location/borough at time of interview.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME WITH COVER LETTER TO:
Must apply via www.nyc.gov/careers or city employees apply via Employee Self Services
Rotating Shifts, Six day Rotating Chart (Possible O/T during Snow)
East 91st St MTS
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.