Center for Undergraduate Research-Graduate Student Hourly, University of Kansas
Location: Lawrence, KS
Salary: $14.00 per hour
Job Type: Permanent
Time type: Full-time
- Undergraduate Research
- University of Kansas, Lawrence Campus
- Monitor daily timesheets for Emerging Scholars and follow up as needed with HR or the student to meet critical time-and-pay deadlines.
- Utilize KU systems (Advising Tool, Enroll & Pay, and HR Pay) monitor student engagement with the program and their academic progress. Communicate with Center staff and follow up with students as needed based on progress.
- Organize Emerging Scholar group meeting logistics.
- Schedule individual meetings for Emerging Scholars.
- Prepare reports and emails detailing hours worked for each Emerging Scholar.
- Email and/or call Emerging Scholars to follow up on meetings.
- Communicate with Emerging Scholars Peer Mentors about student meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University’s programs and activities.
Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at Human Resource Management or you may contact 785-864-4946 or firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate access options.
Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to:
Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY
Contact Information to Applicants
Assistant Director for Student Programs
Center for Undergraduate Research
- Demonstrated computer competency and capacity to learn new software systems as evident of application material.
- Strong attention to detail as evident through previous experience and application material.
- Enrolled as a KU graduate student in good standing for no less than 6 credit hours for the semester.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills as evidenced in application materials and interviews.
- Experience working with a diverse group of students, faculty, community members and/or staff as evidenced through research experience, student groups, or other student or professional experience.
- Experience (student or professional) supporting low-income students.
- Experience in a mentored research experience.
The Graduate Student Hourly for the Center for Undergraduate Research provides administrative and supervisory support for the Emerging Scholars program and other strategic priorities for the Center.
Application Review Begins: 10-Oct-2023
- The Graduate Assistant is responsible for supervision of the Emerging Scholars including payroll and timesheets, process completion, and related support for students in the program.
- This position uses a breadth of KU-approved systems to conduct their work including Jayhawk GPS (EAB Navigate) for student records, advising notes, communications, and appointments; Enroll & Pay (PeopleSoft Campus Solutions) for student enrollment, payment and finance tracking; and HR Pay (PeopleSoft payroll system) to track and report student paid time.
- The graduate assistant may also be asked to lead program meetings and/or meet individually with Emerging Scholars. This position reports to the Education Program Coordinator for the Center for Undergraduate Research.
Additional Candidate Instruction
The applicant must provide a KU application, a list of three references with email and phone contact information, a resume, and a one-page cover letter addressing how the applicant meets the required and preferred qualifications.
Review the “I-9 Acceptable Document List” to know what documents are required to complete the hiring/onboarding process. The I-9 Acceptable Document List is here:
How to Apply:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for at least 3 professional references
- Just click on the button below the Apply page will open in the next tab.
- Signup with your email and confirm your email ID
- Put your details and submit your application
- Upload your resume if applicable