Census Field Manager, AD-0301-00, Census-EXT-JZ Full-time Job2 months ago - Public Service - Santa Rosa - 104 views
This position is for the SANTA ROSA, CALIFORNIA Area Census Office (ACO). In order to be considered, all APPLICANTS MUST CURRENTLY RESIDE within commuting distance to the SANTA ROSA, CALIFORNIA ACO located in zip code 94928.
This is a NON-BARGAINING unit position.
Relocation will NOT be paid.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Directly supervise approximately 10-15 Census Field Supervisors, and approximately 3-5 office support clerks.
- Provide group and individual training; monitor daily assignments; and provide advice and guidance to subordinate staff.
- Maintain effective public relations with the community within the office boundaries, such as the local news media, community leaders and organizations, and local government officials.
- Establish an effective working relationship with traditionally hard to enumerate populations or with specific populations indigenous to the area within the office boundaries, which incumbent is responsible for, including those with unique cultural community, religious, or other characteristic.
- Assure specific levels of quality and progress of field operations are being met through analysis of various computer generated reports and observation.
- Review and analyze cost, quality, and progress reports to assure operations are conducted within prescribed time/allocations and quality and cost efficient standards.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. citizen.
- Suitability/Background Investigation for Federal employment.
- Registered for Selective Service if applicable. (www.sss.gov)
- Must be 18 years or older to be hired.
- A supervisory trial period may be required.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that the application submitted clearly indicates that they meet the qualifications listed below. To be eligible for this position, you must have the specialized experience, education, or a combination as indicated below.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
EXPERIENCE: Applicant must have one year of specialized experience for this position that includes supervising, training and delegating work to subordinates; overseeing and providing guidance directly to staff; working in a team environment to negotiate with others in order to secure support from multiple businesses and organizations; communicating with diverse populations; setting priorities; developing, monitoring, and/or analyzing detailed program/project requirements and implementation schedules; reviewing cost, quality, and progress reports.
EDUCATION: Education cannot be substituted for experience.
A complete application consists of the following:
- Resume showing relevant experience; cover letter optional. Your resume should list your educational and work experience including the dates (mm/dd/yy) of each employment along with the number of hours worked per week. For work in the Federal service, please include the grade level for the position(s). Your resume may be used to validate your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire. Your resume should also indicate your citizenship and, if you are registered with the Selective Service System, if you are a male born after 12/31/59.
- Your medical documentation should distinguish between disabilities that are temporary or transient versus disabilities, which are chronic, permanent, on-going, or unresolved with no end in sight.
- Veterans' Preference Documentation: Please indicate on your resume the type of veterans' preference you are claiming and provide the appropriate supporting documentation (DD-214, Member 4 copy, stating disposition of discharge or character of service; Veteran’s Administration letter, SF-15, etc.) to validate your claim. For more information regarding eligibility requirements, please go to Fedshirevets
- Education Documentation: If this position requires proof of higher education or you are substituting education for experience, you must submit an unofficial transcript or a list of courses that includes the following information: name of accredited institution, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned. This also includes Census Bureau employees. Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. Please refer to OPM Education Definitions for more information.
You are not required to submit official documents at this time; copies are sufficient. Education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary
NOTE: You will not be considered if you fail to provide all required, applicable documents.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: You MUST submit a copy of your transcript, if you want to substitute your education for experience. If you claim qualifications based on education and do not submit a transcript, your education will not be used in making a qualification determination and you may be found "not qualified."
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from the Department of Education's website DOE.
Special Instructions for Foreign Education: Qualifying education from colleges and universities in foreign countries must be evaluated in terms of equivalency to that acquired in U.S. colleges and universities. Applicants educated in whole or in part in foreign countries must submit sufficient evidence, including transcripts to an accredited private organization for an equivalency evaluation of course work and degree. A listing of these accredited organizations can be found on the Department of Education's website DOE. You must provide a copy of the letter containing the results of the equivalency evaluation with a course-by-course listing along with your application. Failure to provide such documentation when requested will result in lost consideration.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.