Category Development Manager Full-time Job4 months ago - IT & Telecoms - Grand Rapids - 153 views
Nestlé and Starbucks are bringing together the world’s most iconic coffee brands. Starbucks’ robust product portfolio celebrates coffee with rich tradition – customer experience is paramount. Coupled with Nestlé’s mission to enhance the quality of consumers’ lives and contributing to a healthier future, this strategic alliance will create career opportunities that will drive innovation and go-to-market strategies, bringing the best coffee to customers around the world. It has never been a more exciting time to join the Nestlé Coffee Partners team!
Job Summary and Mission
This position contributes to Nestlé Coffee Partners (NCP) success by driving NCP sales and equity, along with category growth through the delivery of best-in-class category thought leadership, insights, analysis and reporting both directly to CPG customers and through our customer sales managers. Successful achievement will set up NCP brands to win disproportionately through superior adoption of Shopper Inspired Principles and analytical excellence of merchandising, assortment, pricing and shelving.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Develops strategic customer relationships through headquarters influence, project management and category thought leadership.
- Proactively assists in the discovery and presentation of advanced insight-based opportunities to drive retailer sales initiatives and growth potential through Merchandising, Assortment, Pricing and Shelving.
- Interprets shopper and consumer research to drive category solutions for customers;\
- Partners with headquarters Category Development team to apply customer knowledge and viewpoints to National category best practices
- Assists in selling and implementing NCPs Shopper Inspired Principles across customers and supporting quarterly launch for go-to-market Quarterly Business Plans (QBP) presentations
- Partners closely with Sales, Brand, and the Shopper Insights teams to understand the latest category and consumer insights
- Acts as a NCP “Coffee Master”; intimately understands specific coffee & tea categories and is viewed by internal partners as a the “go to” expert
- Delivers strong customer penetration and influence vs. competition in the development of customer category strategies that disproportionately deliver NCP sales and share.
- Leverages analytical tools (including syndicated and customer-specific tools and data) to develop new department and category insights that influence the retailer’s future strategic direction of the category.
- Collaborates with Manager and Director to formulate the team’s annual goals; identifies strategic opportunities, analyzes tracks and reports building blocks within with the team’s business plans.
Business Requirements - Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Is the “go to person” for all category insights and requests and helps prioritize business requests based on the immediate and long term needs of the business
- Facilitates knowledge sharing throughout the organization by providing business insights, standards and ad hoc reporting to diverse audiences.
- Responds to inquiries regarding competitive data, customers, category or channels
- Leads others in solving complex analytic problems using data and insights
- Works closely with channel planning, marketing & customer business development to ensure integration and consistency of category messages
- Stays ahead of industry, category & brand, issues and trends and identifies target opportunities
Summary of Experience
- 5+ years of sales, sales analytics and/or category development roles, preferably in CPG organization
- 5+ years performing market, category, product or competitive analysis
- 5+ years experience working with Shopper or Consumer insights data within CPG
- Required: Bachelor’s degree, preferably business-related
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to align strategy, leverage multi-functional resources, and Market-Shopper analytics
- Strong Financial Acumen, ability to negotiate and reach win/win agreements
- Understands the CPG industry, leads joint business planning, and can commercialize value
- Ability to sell persuasively and to collaborate with others
- Ability to build diverse collaborative relationships
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Can work in a fast paced, changing, matrix environment
- Able to handle and manage confidential information when working internal and externally
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Can work in a fast paced, changing, matrix environment; comfort dealing with ambiguity
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.