The Banking Relationship Specialist 2 is our first customer contact and one of the key people to set the tone of service and sales at the branch level. They will follow standard operational, services and sales processes, including using the sales road map to make appropriate needs analysis, provide recommendations and solutions for those needs, cross sell the appropriate bank products and services, and delivering a customer experience that exceeds expectations.
- Consult with customer and prospects about their financial goals and needs, and identify and promote F&M products and services to best meet those needs.
- Actively cross-sell bank products by leveraging sales opportunities in assigned branch and by referring clients to other F&M departments for additional needs.
- Address and resolve customer concerns to maintain valued customer relationships.
- Open new personal and business accounts and/or perform maintenance in compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Explain bank procedures and requirements, prioritize work to maximize customer service, ability deal with frequent interruptions and utilize strong problem solving skills.
- Support new marketing campaigns and product launches.
- Quote rates, terms and fees on bank products.
- Collect and review all account documentation and assumes responsibility for its proper completion.
- Take personal responsibility for developing and maintaining knowledge required to fulfill job functions.
- File Maintenance
- Regulation CC
- Regulation DD
- Regulation E (EFT) Overview
- Regulation BB (CRA) Overview
- Regulation B (ECOA) Overview
- Regulation C (HMDA) Overview
- Regulation X (RESPA) Overview
- Regulation Z (Truth in Lending) Overview
- Bank Secrecy Act
- FDIC Insurance
- Privacy Laws
- Teller Operations and Procedure
Complies with all State and Federal Banking regulatory requirements, including but not limited to: BSA, Anti-Money Laundering OFAC, CIP, Financial Elder Abuse Reporting, Sexual Harassment, Information Security and privacy requirements.This position will elevate suspicious activity to supervisory staff and/or BSA department. Completes compliance and other technical training workshops as assigned.
Basic Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Clear understanding of the English Language (Spoken & Written)
- Basic Mathematics Skills
- Customer Service Skills
- Business Development Skills
- Basic Sales Skills
- Critical Thinking, Judgment & Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to actively listen & learn.
- Ability to use oral communication techniques to sell products or services
- Ability to respectfully communicate with Supervisors and Co-workers
- Ability to effectively deal with unpleasant, angry or discourteous people
- Desk Top Computers
- Currency Machines
- Standard Office Equipment (copiers, fax machines)
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Requires repetitive movement.
- Requires sitting for prolong periods of time.
- Requires lifting up 25lb
- Requires using hands to handle, control or feel object
- Office setting w/controlled temperature
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Preferred candidate should posses 1-2 years of teller experience and 4+ years of New Accounts/Sales Experience.
Ability to travel to various bank locations as needed.
Some Saturday hours are required
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employees will also perform other duties as assigned by management as required.
Farmers and Merchants Bank of Long Beach reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Farmers & Merchants Bank is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of sex,race, age, color, religion, disability, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.