Banking Assistant Needed At UCLA Full-time Job3 weeks ago - Banking - Los Angeles - 38 views
The Accounts Payable Department is responsible for processing invoice payments and other reimbursements for non-payroll obligations of the UCLA Campus, UC Merced and the University of California Office of the President. Perform regular reviews of transactions processed by the group to determine accuracy and ensure that procedures are consistently being followed, review all error reports and manually process items as applicable, serve as a liaison with vendors and follow-up on issues as needed. Assist campus customers with system usage issues, policy and procedural issues, payment follow-up actions and responding to other departmental inquiries. Process invoice payments and other reimbursements for non-payroll obligations of the UCLA Campus. Properly apply University policy to payments processed and is responsible for matching invoice information to approved online departmental order or payment request. Perform other duties as assigned within Customer Service and Banking teams.
Percentage of Time:
Qualifications for Position
1. Skill in analyzing information, practices or systems to identify problems, formulate logical and objective conclusions and recognize alternatives and their implications.
2. Ability to evaluate impact on workload of projects and to meet specified deadlines.
3. Ability to assign and review work; delegate tasks as needed; adjust workload to ensure that daily processing goals are met.
4. Ability to provide training, feedback , and recommendations to the AP supervisor.
5. Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service in order to appropriately respond to customer requests.
6. Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers,supervisors, employees, and vendors.
7. Excellent written and verbal English communication skills to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, supervisors, employees and vendors.
8. Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend English sufficient to understand and interpret guidelines, documentation, and pertinent policies and procedures.
9. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and bean effective team player.
10. Demonstrated working knowledge of and ability to enter data on line to a computerized accounts payable system.
11. Working knowledge of University Purchasing and Accounts Payable policies and procedures system.
12. Working knowledge of University and basic accounting principles such as debiting, crediting.
Can be trained
13. Skill in utilizing personal computer, spreadsheet, word processing, and electronic mail applications to prepare analyses and communicate effectively with others.
14. Demonstrated ability to type with speed and accuracy.
15. Skill in operating a 10-key adding machine with speed and accuracy.
16. Good mathematical skills. Ability to analyze invoices and corresponding documentation to determine if the transactions are within applicable policies and procedures. Ability to identify when adjustments need to be made and seek approval as required.
17. Organizational skills to systematically arrange forms,reports, and information into groups or categories.
18. Ability to independently meet departmental standards for productivity and complete assignments with minimal supervision.
19. Demonstrated Accounts Payable, accounting, bookkeeping,and/or data entry experience.
20. Ability to adjust working hours and, if necessary, work overtime to meet the needs of the office and deadlines.
Additional Posting Information
CX-Clerical & Allied Services