ASSOCIATE SUPERVISOR, SECURITY CONTROL CENTER Full-time Job5 months ago - Other - Northborough - 155 views
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
This position entails shift work involving monthly schedule rotations including days, evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays. This role requires all control center staff to report to work during severe weather conditions and ongoing significant events.
- Supervision and guidance of other staff members while on shift.
- Training of new staff regarding policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are executed properly during their assigned shifts.
- Ensure that all regulatory procedures are adhered to.
- Responsible for making time sensitive decisions in a stressful environment.
- Able to function efficiently under minimal supervision.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as an Associate Coordinator.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate incidents as they are received.
- Working knowledge of the policies, procedures and technical systems in the Control Center.
- Strong aptitude to adapt to a stressful environment.
- Capacity to grasp and adapt to new security technologies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.