Associate, Corporate Communications Needed At BlackRock Full-time Job2 weeks ago - Marketing & Communication - New York City - 41 views
About this role
We are looking for a dynamic professional to join our Global Corporate Communications team. The Global Corporate Communications team at BlackRock plays a central role in promoting BlackRock and enhancing its reputation across various corporate stakeholders.
The Corporate Communications Analyst/Associate, based in New York, will be a critical team member responsible for planning and executing impactful communications initiatives, including proactive commercially-oriented campaigns focused on BlackRock’s products and themes across active and index funds in the United States and Latin America.
- BlackRock Themes and Products will account for 2/3 of time:
- Partner closely with a wide range of internal stakeholders to help drive demand for BlackRock’s commercial priorities, with emphasis on iShares ETFs and actively managed funds.
- Engage with and maintain strong working relationships with business/financial and trade media across channels (print, broadcast and digital/social).
- Seek proactive press opportunities tying back to the firm’s priorities in the U.S. across fixed income, factors, sustainable investing, and megatrends.
- Maintain a deep understanding of BlackRock products and themes to deliver high impact communications programs in support of that work.
- Partner with communications colleagues to understand the work the team does—externally and internally—to inform and shape commercial programs.
- Support the global efforts of Corporate Communications by monitoring ongoing press coverage of important headlines.
- Partner with relevant internal groups to develop/distribute differentiated thought leadership.
- BlackRock LatAm will account for 1/3 of time:
- Work closely with the Latin America communications team lead to direct and coordinate the work of PR agencies in the region.
- Develop and leverage firm-wide content to generate local press opportunities in Latin America.
- Seek proactive press engagements to drive growth in key markets, including Mexico and Brazil.
- 3-5 years’ experience in corporate communications and/or marketing within the financial services industry and/or agency.
- Understanding of the asset management industry, investment products and strategies, capital markets and issues facing institutional and individual investors, preferred but not required.
- A team player and self-starter, with a positive mindset and excellent work ethic.
- Ability to multitask and operate with flexibility in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate proficiency in social/digital content development and strategy.
- Ability to build relationships with our executives, journalists and colleagues around the world.
- Track record of working effectively with senior executives.
- Fluent in verbal and written Spanish communication is strongly preferred.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.84 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.