Assistant Professor, CNC Machining, Northwest Florida State College
- $80,000-100,000 per year
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Fulfill constructional obligations for full instructional load during fall, spring, and summer semesters.
- Provide excellence in instruction in the CNC and engineering technology degree programs and other related courses for undergraduate students, including online.
- Provide operational oversight of the CNC lab and CNC machines.
- Assist in development and evaluation of curriculum as appropriate.
- Utilize approved textbook(s) and/or other instructional materials as approved.
- Advise students, participating in institutional service and professional development activities, and engaging with the community and industry.
- Collaborate with administration, faculty, and staff to ensure student success.
- Create and integrate simulated manufacturing environments that will enable students to develop and enhance the skills and knowledge leading to employment.
- Provide student guidance and support.
- Engage in institutional service, professional development, and other duties as assigned by the Director of Advanced Technology & Applied Science, the Dean Career Education, and/or the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Complete annual mandatory compliance training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- College paid health insurance for employee, dependent coverage at employee’s expense
- College paid basic life insurance for employee, additional coverage for employee and/or dependents at employee’s expense
- College paid retirement with 3% employee contribution to the Florida Retirement System (FRS)
- Optional dental and vision insurance at employee’s expense
- Sick Leave accrual
- Time off for designated holidays, winter break, and spring break
- Free tickets to designated Mattie Kelly Arts Center and Raider Athletic events
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology or related field with at least two (2) years of related and relevant industry experience is required. Relevant industry certification may be considered in lieu of degree attainment.
- Experience with Haas machines is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the following subject areas: CNC Operations and Programming, Blueprint Reading, GD&T, Quality Control, and Machine Code.
- Experience in the manufacturing industry is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Industry recognized certifications MSSC, CPT, and NIMS preferred.
All sections of the application must be completed.
Please provide a complete application package that includes all of the following:
- NWFSC Application.
- A cover letter explaining why you consider yourself qualified for this position.
- Copies of unofficial transcripts.
Number of employees: From 501 to 1000
About Northwest Florida State College:
In over 50 years of service, Northwest Florida State College has earned a reputation for educational excellence and community involvement. As part of Florida’s public system of 28 state and community colleges, NWF State College offers bachelor’s degree programs, associate degrees, and certificates.
If you are disabled and need accommodations in order to participate in the application/selection process, please notify Human Resources before the specified closeout date. All qualified persons will be considered on an equal basis. Any applicant’s grievance should be addressed to the Human Resources Executive Director. Northwest Florida State College does not discriminate based on age, color, ethnicity, race, national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sex, gender, or any other legally protected classification in its employment practices or its educational programs or activities.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, NWFSC strictly prohibits the discrimination against qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, hiring, firing, advancement, compensation, job training, and other terms and conditions of employment. Preference will be given to eligible veterans and spouses of veterans for Career Service positions. NWFSC is an Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Institution and a Drug Free Workplace.
How to apply:
- Just click on the button below the Apply page will open in the next tab.
- Signup with your email and confirm your email ID
- Put your details in form and submit your application
- Upload your resume if applicable