Assessor Clerk I - Public Assistance Full-time Job1 month ago - Office Management - Phoenix - 101 views
ABOUT THE OFFICE OF THE ASSESSOR:
The Maricopa County Assessor annually notices and administers over 1.7 million real and personal property parcels/accounts with full cash value of more than $553 billion in 2020.
In efforts to diligently accomplish our responsibilities, we seek the best and brightest to join the team. Our commitment to the citizens of Maricopa is to employ professionals and provide, state of the art tools and resources to determine property values that are fair and equitable.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This Assessor Clerk I position will be assigned to the Public Assistance division within the Assessor's Office to provide administrative, clerical support or customer service. The variety of tasks performed by this position supports the overall goals and values of the organization.
We recognize your time is valuable, so please apply if you meet the following required qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Two (2) years of clerical experience working in an office environment, including proficiency using the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook.)
Combined education and experience qualifications:
- An equivalent combination of post-secondary education may substitute for the minimum experience requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Essential Job Tasks
- Ensures prompt and accurate customer service to property owners, property owner representatives, and other citizens by answering questions related to property ownership, property maps, records, assessment, etc. Customer service may be via the telephone, written correspondence, or front counter (in person).
- Explains or documents Assessor processes. Helps with applications, programs and research inquiries or discrepancies. Participates in the preparation of files necessary for audit review, appeals or other special circumstances.
- Supports accurate records and property owner information by updating and verifying against other documented sources used in the Office (parcel info, digital maps, etc.). May use additional government agency information to research and update the records.
- Performs data entry of registrations, address changes, legal class verification, application information, processing tax clearances, and other forms of legal documents to ensure the accurate record.
- Sorts, prioritizes, and directs inquiries and correspondence; files numerous types of documents into various filing systems (electronic or paper).
- Researches all possible data sources to gather pertinent historical information necessary for the task assigned; generate reports, track data, and perform other administrative assistance to support appraisers and appraiser division objectives.
- Supports other divisions within the organization with similar clerical functions, as needed, to ensure the accuracy and timely updating of all Assessor records.
- Performs special projects as needed, such as data entry, audits, quality control, mail distribution or handling time-sensitive material and confidential information.
- Cross-trains into different divisions or functions to learn other clerical processes and become a subject matter expert. As needed, assists in a trainer capacity to teach other employees regarding specific tasks.
This position works in an office environment.
Maricopa County is an EEO/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
The hiring authority will select the successful candidate based on departmental needs.
All offers of employment made to new hires and rehires at Maricopa County are contingent upon successful completion of a post-offer, pre-employment thorough background investigation. A background investigation is conducted on a current employee who changes to a Safety Sensitive Position or one having the potential for serious adverse impact on the integrity or efficiency of the County. These requirements do not pertain to employees of elected officials who undergo background investigation processes administered through their respective offices.
Typically successful candidates are hired at a salary rate, up to midpoint of the range, based on applicable experience, internal equity and budgetary allowances.