Administrative Support Assistant (Office Automation) Full-time Job1 month ago - Office Management - Tacoma - 123 views
About the Position: This position is located within the Department of Education and Research Division at Madigan Army Medical Center. This is a developmental position and may be filled at any grade listed on this job announcement with non-competitive promotion potential to the full performance grade (GS-07). Please see information under Additional Requirements below.
- Maintain official files in accordance with regulatory requirements to ensure files are correctly numbered, files are properly stored, and disposal instructions are followed.
- Assist in monitoring contractor performance in accordance with established procedures to ensure contractor compliance with contract specifications.
- Interpret/apply regulations, policies and guidelines pertaining to administrative support functions and organizational operating procedures
- Input data in automated systems to ensure most recent information is available for retrieval.
- Prepare in draft and in final form a variety of material to include correspondence, policy letters, reports, rosters, bulletins, and travel orders.
- Operate standard office equipment, such as personal computer, printer and fax machines used for daily operations.
- Use Microsoft Excel or similar spreadsheet package to create spreadsheets with headings and format that facilitate input or retrieval of administrative data.
- Create documents such as letters, memoranda, reports, or other correspondence using Microsoft Word or similar word processing program, ensuring format, grammar and spelling are correct.
- Track financial, personnel, supply, and other administrative transactions as the documentation flows through the office in both electronic form and on paper.
- Utilize an automated timekeeping system to submit staff time and attendance records.
- Make travel arrangements and assist with preparation of travel orders using the Defense Travel System (DTS), or other automated travel system, for providers and support staff.
Job family (Series)
0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position Personnel security investigation required.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Civilian Employees of the Organization
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Domestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities Base Civilian Personnel Workforce
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone-no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Specialized Experience for the GS-06 position: One year of specialized experience in providing administrative support to the staff that includes clerical duties such as filing, answering phone call, responding to emails; schedule meetings and arranging travel; preparing reports and documents.This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-05).
Specialized Experience for the GS-07 position: One year of specialized experience in providing administrative activities that includes reviewing correspondence , documents, publication, regulation and policies. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Customer Service
- Manages and Organizes Information
- Organizational Awareness
- Technical Competence