Administrative Support Assistant (Office Automation) Full-time Job1 month ago - Office Management - Sacramento - 136 views
About the Position: This position is located in the Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC) within the Civilian Human Resources Agency (CHRA). CHRA is responsible for operational HR effectiveness worldwide.
- Serves as the primary CPAC point of contact for time and attendance reports.
- Serves as primary CPAC training coordinator which includes executing annual training needs inventory, and scheduling classes.
- Schedules appointments and maintains weekly calendar for the CPAC Director.
- Answers inquiries or refers questions to the appropriate CPAC HR Specialist.
- Serves as the mail control, publications, and records management officer.
- Receives and reviews incoming all incoming mail and correspondence.
- Prepares registered, insured, certified, express mail, confirmation, FedEx, and UPS incoming/outgoing mail.
- Compiles technical data, summarizes statistical data, and prepares charts, graphs, tables, etc.
- Works with the Regional Office to purchase office supplies and maintains records as required.
- Prepares budget estimates and tracks expenses in coordination with Regional Office.
- Maintains filing system and office calendar of meetings, vacations, inspections, and events.
- Performs property accountability activities.
- Uses office automation hardware, databases, spreadsheet software, word processing software, graphic programs, and processing software for a variety of office functions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Domestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities Base Civilian Personnel Workforce
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement Eligible
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Postal Service/Peace Corps and Other Unique Authorities
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes independently performing administrative duties such as reviewing outgoing correspondence, preparing reports and presentation data, coordinating travel arrangements, timekeeping, or training others on office automation applications or systems. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone-no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Proficiency Required: This position requires a qualified typist. A qualified typist can type 40 words per minute based on a 5 minute sample with three or fewer errors.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Applies Technology to Tasks
- Manages Resources
- Technical Competence
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-06).
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.