Administrative Clerk Full-time Job4 months ago - Office Management - Suitland-Silver Hill - 161 views
Responsible for performing daily office tasks such as filing, recording, maintaining records, copying, posting, and other similar duties, using a computer terminal, typewriter, and other word processors. Proofreads technical docusments, follows organization and department procedures to complete tasks in a timely manner. Maintains and updates filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a computer. Operates office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems and PCs. Greets visitors, answers telephones, directs calls and takes messages. Inventories and orders materials, supplies, and services. Opens, sorts and routes incoming mail, prepares outgoing mail, receives incoming packages. May oversee the work of less experienced clerks.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED and
- Five (5) years of experience performing normal office administrative assistant functions with knowledge of office operations, established policies and procedures.
- Experience setting up and maintaining files, tracking records for up to 10 years.
- Experience interviewing callers, making proper referrals as well as receiving, referring, or answering mail.
- Experience arranging meetings and conferences
- Experience gathering, compiling, and reporting on financial information relevant to supervisor's assignment.
- Experience with assisting travelers with lodging, car rental, air tickets, etc.
- Experience with transferring visit requests to government and industrial facilities for science staff to attend meetings or work off-site.