ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (NON-CLASSIFIED)
- Class Title Administrative assistant (non-classified)
- Class Code NB005
- Salary $22.29 to $34.55 hourly
The City of Fort Lauderdale employees possess a passion for public service and a high degree of enthusiasm, self-reliance, and job proficiency. They effectively convey the vision and mission of the organization and provide excellent service and satisfaction to our internal and external customers.
Supports a department by performing administrative services. Assists management with administrative tasks such as tracking and compiling information of interest. Prepares various reports detailing the administrative information handled by the position. Reads and answers correspondence. May handle confidential information.
Essential job functions
Essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation. The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. The omission of a function does not preclude management from assigning essential duties not listed herein if such duties relate to the position.
- Provides responsible and complex administrative and clerical duties in support of an assigned area of responsibility.
- Processes and proofreads a wide variety of reports, letters, memoranda, and statistical charts; types from rough drafts to verbal instruction; and may independently compose correspondence related to assigned responsibilities.
- Maintains a calendar of activities, meetings, and various events; coordinates activities with other city departments, the public, and outside agencies.
- Screens office and telephone callers; provides front-counter assistance, including accepting applications, providing information, or accepting payments; responds to and resolves complaints and requests for information on policies, procedures, systems, and precedents relating to assigned responsibilities.
- Attends a variety of meetings; prepares and compiles agenda packets; takes and prepares minutes; and disseminates information as appropriate.
- Maintains detailed and accurate records; provides, creates, and submits reports as required.
- May prepare and maintain payroll for assigned division
- Maintains department filing, records, and rosters; develops, implements, and modifies filing systems.
- Operates a variety of office equipment, including copiers, facsimile machines, and computers; inputs and retrieves data and text; organizes and maintains disk storage and filing
- Maintains inventory of supplies; obtains estimates for ordering purposes; orders supplies as needed; ensures compliance with policies and procedures
- Prepares a variety of documents for the purchase of supplies and equipment.
- Performs related work as required.
Job requirements and work environment
- MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Have successfully completed at least two (2) years of college coursework in business administration, public administration, or a related field from an accredited college.
- One (1) to three (3) years of performing intermediate administrative work Additional qualifying experience or completion of coursework at an accredited college or university in a job-related field may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required experience or education.
- SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Essential employees may be required to work during a declared emergency. The employee’s department head will determine who will be required to work.
Non-essential employees will not be required to work during a declared emergency but may be required to work in some capacity after the declared emergency.
The employee’s department head will determine when the employee will be required to work.
- PHYSICAL STANDARDS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The position is generally sedentary. Employees sit most of the time but may walk or stand for brief periods of time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those employees that must be met. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY INFORMATION:
All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including identity or expression), marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability.
- Drug-free Workplace:
In compliance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988, the City of Fort Lauderdale is committed to providing a safe, quality-oriented, and productive work environment consistent with the standards of the community in which it serves. Alcohol and drug abuse pose a threat to the health and safety of the city’s employees and to the security of the city’s equipment and facilities. For these reasons, the city is committed to the elimination of drug and alcohol use and abuse in the workplace.
- Accommodation to qualified disables:
Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) protects qualified individuals with disabilities from employment discrimination. Under the ADA, a person has a disability if he has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits a major life activity. In compliance with the ADA, the City of Fort Lauderdale will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
The City of Fort Lauderdale offers a comprehensive benefits package to all regular full-time employees, including vacation, holiday, and sick leave, as well as medical, dental, vision, life, and short-term disability insurance.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. This description is subject to modification as the needs and requirements of the position change.
- I have read and understand the duties and essential functions of the position and can perform these duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
- I have also read and understood the EEO, drug-free workplace, and ADA statements. I have been given an opportunity to ask questions and was informed where to access the related policies.
Please sign, date, and present this receipt and acknowledgment form to the Human Resources Department. This receipt and acknowledgment form will be kept in your personnel file.
Employee Name (Print)_____________________________
Employee Signature: __________________________
Established Date: 11/18/2018
Revised Date: N/A
Management Category: N/A
Classification Level: Foundation
Classification Status: Non-Classified
Job Code: NB005
EEO Code 6: Administrative Support
Pay Grade: G006
How to apply:
- Just click on the button below, and the Apply page will open in the next tab.
- Sign up with your email and confirm your email ID.
- Put in your details and submit your application.
- Upload your resume, if applicable.