ACT/OTP Coordinator, Prestonsburg, KY
POSITION: ACT/OTP Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Career Development Services
REPORTS TO: Career Technical Manager
FLSA STATUS: ExemptApply Now
Promotes the ACT/OTP program to all staff and students; recruits students to ensure program capacity and provides support services to concurrently enrolled students to ensure all OMS goals and student achievement certificates and degrees are met.
- Provides support services to all enrolled ACT/OTP students
- Acts as a liaison between the center and the concurrent enrollment provider
- Monitors attendance and submits all ACT/OTP student daily attendance each week to the student records department
- Maintains and monitors students’ ACT/OTP folders to include application, progress reports, class schedules and grades
- Coordinates with concurrent enrollment provider to ensure that evaluations are submitted for each ESP timely
- Ensures all ACT/OTP students meet PRH established attendance and performance criteria
- Coordinates with the concurrent enrollment provider and center finance department to ensure all received financial aid is used to off-set center costs for ACT/OTP student enrollment
- Provides regular feedback to students regarding appropriate employability skills and mastery of Career Success Standards
- Conducts ACT/OTP screening committee to determine applicant eligibility.
- Assists approved applicants in the application process at participating colleges/educational facilities.
- Conducts a review at the end of each semester to determine continued enrollment.
- Facilitates, monitors and conducts Evaluations of Student Progress (ESP’s).
- Enters monthly case-notes in CIS using RAP format.
- Follows CDSS plan and Code of Conduct system daily.
- Ensures all documentation reflective of work-based learning assignments have been completed including, but not limited to, Training Achievement Records (TAR), periodic evaluations, and time sheet.
- Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulation, Quality Assurance Plan (QAP), Serrato policies and procedures, Job Corps notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures.
- Adheres to required property control policies and procedures.
- Helps students become more employable through continuous reinforcement.
- Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with safety practices.
- Models, mentors, monitors appropriate Career Success Standards.
- Participation in PRH mandated staff training is mandatory.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Above average public speaking skills and experience in same; above average verbal and written skills; above average problem solving and conflict resolution skills; knowledgeable of Internet, Email, Microsoft Office Suite.
A minimum of two (2) years experience working with young adults.
Bachelor’s degree and /or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: State Drivers’ License
ACT/OTP Coordinator Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand and walk; to reach with hands and arms and talk and listen. The employee is occasionally required to sit; to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; to taste and to smell. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
Work Environment for ACT/OTP Coordinator:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level can vary from moderate to loud.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be requested to perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that the job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. It is also understood that the company reserves the right to change work schedules as required, including overtime.
We offer equal employment opportunities to all persons without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, citizenship status, pregnancy and related medical conditions, physical or mental disability, or past, present, or future service in the Uniformed Services of the U.S., or any other legally protected status.
How to Apply:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for at least 3 professional references
- Just click on the button below the Apply page will open in the next tab.
- Signup with your email and confirm your email ID
- Put your details and submit your application
- Upload your resume if applicable