Accounting Clerk, Renaissance Baton Rouge
- Baton Rouge, LA
- $16.00-18. 00 per hour
Renaissance Baton Rouge is currently searching for a full time Accounting Clerk.
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for ensuring the key functions of payroll processing, cash handling, and accounts receivable processing and collections are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Approach all encounters with guests, managers and fellow employees in a friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Expotel Hospitality Services standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the nametag when working.
- Comply at all times with Expotel Hospitality Services standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanour at all times.
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Utilise and maintain the time and attendance system and process daily, weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly payroll and related information to include payroll hours; modify payroll information; record miscellaneous earnings/deductions, etc.
- Review and ensure accuracy and appropriateness of all payroll input and output.
- Monitor, prepare, and communicate financial reports in accordance with Expotel Hospitality Service required due dates.
- Retrieve and process all deposits in accordance with hotel standards.
- Maintain adequate supplies of change and provide change to all departments as needed.
- Prepare Cash Over/Short reports on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis.
- Issue and redeem cashier banks as needed by the departments with the approval of the Accounting Manager.
- Audit cashier banks as required by hotel standards. Maintain all documentation.
- Follow up on “Returns” on a timely basis.
- Maintain all cashier contracts.
- Process petty cash receipts and reimbursements on a regular basis and inform management of any deviation to policy.
- Assist the sales effort in establishing customer credit in accordance with Expotel Hospitality Service Policies.
- Assist in the credit process of application processing, reference checks, credit limitation, direct billing list, deposit requirements, and all other credit-related activities.
Duties of Clerks:
- Provide customers with accurate and timely invoices, statements and schedules.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely fashion and communicate all issues and/or disputes to the appropriate supervisor(s).
- Maintain an efficient collection process to include an organized filing and tracing system, issuing dunning letters, monitoring returned checks and charge-backs, performing collection calls and preparing bad debt write-offs.
- Monitor guest ledger, advance deposit ledger and any other related ledgers to ensure proper internal control.
- Keep management aware of any unusual operation or financial occurrences and/or significant deviations from policies and procedures.
Why join our team?
In addition to excellent working conditions and competitive pay, Renaissance Baton Rouge offers a complete range of benefits to eligible team members.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Life Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term disability.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted Rooms Programs.
- Paid Holidays.
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan.
Discover the Difference at Renaissance Baton Rouge
We seamlessly blend Southern hospitality, upscale décor and convenient amenities. Located 15 miles from Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport, our hotel boasts an ideal location with easy access to top destinations including the Mall of Louisiana, Perkins Rowe, Louisiana State University and the Country Club of Louisiana. Guests can spend time exploring the wide array of nearby shopping, dining and entertainment options. Hotel guests are able to retreat to their spacious, modern hotel room or suite featuring luxurious bedding, a flat-panel TV and mini-refrigerator to store their favorite snacks. The hotel offers room service and an on-site restaurant for an upscale dining experience.
- E-Verify Participant
EP Renaissance Baton Rouge, LLC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply:
- Just click on the button below, and the Apply page will open in the next tab.
- Sign up with your email and confirm your email ID.
- Put in your details and submit your application.
- Upload your resume, if applicable.