Account Manager – Commercial – Indy
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Salary: $85,000-95,000 per year
Job type: Full-time
Contact: Kelsey Ryan Quote job ref: JN-092023-6181541
The Account Manager will:
- Develop and maintain a positive long-term business relationship with clients and potential clients so as to enhance company opportunities to service the client year after year. Complete Client satisfaction is our minimum goal. Desired goal is to create a raving fan, where the client feels he received more than he expected.
- Develop new business opportunities that align with the target market through networking and cold traditional sales.
- Coordinate preliminary design alongside business development, help determine scope of project, and estimate costs to secure a Design/Build contract or Design/Bid/Build contract.
- Work alongside business development in the design phase of the Design/Build project with the use of outside consultants as needed. Care should be taken to make sure the plans are thorough and complete, ready for construction. All changes directed to be made on plans need to be confirmed being done with revision dates on plans. Management of plans need to control the sets being released and identify them as preliminary, bid set, or released for construction. We can not allow uncontrolled plans that would contribute to confusion and miscommunication.
- Estimate, bid, and negotiate Bid projects as directed and approved by Management. Bid projects need to be prepared, reviewed and approved by the VP prior to time of bid. Estimates shall be completed in a consistent format and organized in a way that is easy to review and confirm for accuracy. Estimates will be saved on the company server along with all other estimates for the department.
- Negotiate final Owner/Contractor contracts within Company parameters.
- Ensure all State and Local Building permits have been secured before construction begins. Starting a project prior to full release of permits should be an exception approved by Management, rather than a usual occurrence.
- Create work authorizations / purchase orders with detailed inclusions and exclusions prior to starting work.
- Finalize the construction schedule and provide the Superintendent special concerns/details of the Owner, and with copies of all work authorizations and Purchase Orders issued to date, and all other relevant job information required.
Director of Facility Solutions/Account Manager. Plethora of responsibilities, including business development, estimating, bidding, client communication, and main liaison of the project.
- Ensure materials, equipment, and long lead items are submitted and approved by necessary authority and delivered to the project as scheduled.
- Work with the Superintendent and direct as needed to complete the project successfully.
- Direct and expedite all phases of administrative procedures. The One Source Manager is the authority on, and is in charge of all administrative decisions for the project. He has the authority over the superintendent in such matters.
- Be chief liaison with the Owner for communications, informing all parties involved as appropriate.
- Estimate and process change orders to Owner, Subcontractors, and Suppliers as they occur during the project. All change orders should receive written authorization and shall be processed as they are authorized (rather than at the end of the job)
- Monitor job cost reports and take necessary actions in order to control job costs.
- Work closely with Accounting to see that the budget is continuously updated to reflect changes in work and issue necessary budget adjustments.
- Accumulation of all necessary information for final billings. Subcontractor invoices shall be reviewed and approved only after the appropriate amount of work is complete and a properly completed waiver and affidavit is in hand. Closeout documentation must be submitted as required with all final invoices
- Assist with continuous inspections throughout the project and prior to Owner’s inspection in attempt to achieve a Zero Punch List.
- MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- 55 Years of Experience – Local to Indy!|
- Design/Build Firm with Repeat Business Book
The successful Applicant:
The Successful Account Manager:
- 2+ years of Business Development experience
- 5+ years construction experience
- Experience working with clients, investors, stakeholders on a daily basis
- Estimate, bid, and negotiate bids
- Experiencing with CRM, data entry
- Sales experience, finding and winning new business
- Read and interpret drawings and designs to team
- Experience working and coordination with subcontractors
- Ensure projects are being completed on time/budget
- Scheduling experience
About our clients:
My client has been in the Indy market 55 years servicing multiple repeat clients and the local communities.
- They are a design/build firm who’s unique approach allows them to secure relationship based work and have strong connections in the market.
- They have a very diverse portfolio that consists of faith-based projects, office buildings, restaurant/retail, and automotive projects.
- They operate on integrity, problem solving, and collaboration at their forefront and are looking for someone who is an asset to their team and culture.
- APPLY NOW AND YOUR RESUME WILL BE REVIEWED WITHIN 24 HOURS!!
What’s on Offer:
On offer for the Account Manager:
- Competitive base salary
- Benefits package
- Car allowance
- PTO, and company holidays
- 401K option
- Bonus structure
How to apply:
- Just click on the button below the Apply page will open in the next tab.
- Signup with your email and confirm your email ID
- Put your details and submit your application
- Upload your resume if applicable