2020-2021 Elementary Teacher K-3 - Columbus, OH Full-time Job5 months ago - Professional - Acworth - 135 views
ACCEL Schools is seeking highly-qualified K-3 Teachers in Columbus, OH, dedicated to turning around low-performing schools in urban neighborhoods by providing a superior education for all students. We are seeking teachers who are excited to create a rigorous and nurturing classroom environment that prioritizes student learning and social-emotional development.
Through the application of research-based practices, our staff of educators work tirelessly to raise student achievement, regardless of historical barriers, while committed to participating in ongoing professional development, job embedded instructional coaching, and embracing a growth mindset.
- Relentlessly work to meet all goals related to student achievement and culture as well as Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) goals.
- Deliver highly effective daily lessons based on student need, rooted in research-based instructional practices.
- Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all students.
- Utilize research-based best practices in daily planning and classroom instruction.
- Support the educational and behavioral goals of all students, including those with an
- Individualized Education Plan or those learning English as a second language.
- Create a joyful, caring, and loving classroom environment for all students.
- Integrate culturally responsive teaching practices into daily lessons and interactions with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Desire a growth-focused coaching environment based on frequent observations, debriefs, action planning, and progress monitoring.
- Implement school-wide culture expectations and norms, inside their classroom and beyond.
- Communicate regularly with families regarding the academic and social-emotional growth of their child.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively, humbly, and respectfully with all colleagues.
- Incorporate 21st century technology skills into daily classroom practice and team settings.
- Contribute to a positive climate and culture by exhibiting high professional standards.
- Understand, accept, abide by, and implement the school’s philosophy and mission statement in all school activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant teaching area is required
- Current State certification/licensure in appropriate teaching area
- Knowledge of State Standards and Common Core Standards
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Successful completion of federal and state criminal background checks
- Ability to work well under pressure, and effectively prioritize and execute tasks to meet deadlines consistently
- Ability to use discretion in managing confidential information
- High quality written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in an urban and/or school turnaround setting is a plus
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person’s race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status (including protected veterans), marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bonafide occupational qualification exists.